10 Must See Romantic Comedies

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Romantic Comedies are by far the best kinds of films, made for the sole purpose of making people laugh, is there anything better? In the past few years I have been to the movies a ridiculous amount of times to see pretty much any movie that's been released, so I thought that for today's post I would share with you my 10 must see romantic comedies. 

I think that comedies are the best kind of medicine, medicine for the mind and for the soul. Movies filled with romance and humour are the perfect remedy, they feed us hope of the love we are yet to meet and the laughs we are yet to have. They are the perfectly designed distractions we use to hide ourselves away from the cruel realities of our world (admittedly that is a bit of an exaggeration but it does paint an unfortunate truth). 

These 10 movies have been hand picked by yours truly, and although you've probably seen a few of them, that doesn't mean you can't see them again. Grab your friends and have a sleepover, why not? A bottle of wine perhaps?  Fall back in love with the characters, laugh with them, cry with them. People always say that there is nothing like the first time, the first time you watch a movie, the first time you try a new food but I think that the first time is only the beginning.

1. Just Go With It

just_go_with_it_poster
This movie is definitely one of my personal favourites from the list, a movie that never fails to make me smile. Featuring two of my favourite actors, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston (which you will probably guess off the selection of other movies). Putting a new twist on a classic love story between two work colleagues there's lying, a new wardrobe, a trip to Hawaii and a lot of laughs! If you haven't seen this before, what are you waiting for? If you've already seen it, what are you waiting for?  Writing this is making me want to watch it again for 1millionth time.

2. Friends with Benefits

onesheet-2
This movie is insane, I love love love it! Set in the city I love (New York) with the most quirky love story, one not of true love perhaps? But definitely one that's worth a watch. I've only seen this movie a couple of times with friends but it definitely made a good impression and I can guarantee you some laughs.

3. He's Just Not That Into You

v1-1
This is a definite classic! (I say definitely so often oh my) When I first saw it, there was just so much truth to it that I couldn't rap my head around it. All the talk about exceptions and rules really struck something in me and I thought about it for weeks. In case you missed this incredible movie, go watch it right now! Maybe learn a thing or two about dating, although they do say to never take advice from a romantic comedy but, who said you can't try?

4. 27 Dresses

twenty_seven_dresses
This movie, oh my (I say that a lot too, huh). It's insane, probably more of a chick flick but I couldn't leave it off the list. A beautiful romantic comedy, about a women in love with weddings and well; her boss. The laughs I got out of this movie are ridiculous, movies like this show a full spectrum of romance, perfect for a girls' night in.

5. 50 First Dates

onesheet
This is by far the most beautiful tale of romance I have ever watched, with a side of comedy of course. I just think that there is nothing more beautiful than loving someone enough to have them fall in love with you everyday, to reach that kind of level of compatibility is so heart warming. It made me cry, it made me laugh, the perfect blend of comedy and romance.

6. The Ugly Truth

onesheet-1

If you're looking for a laugh you've come to the right place. This movie had me in hysterics! A comedy with a touch of romance, this is the best kind of movie, the kind that makes you laugh hard enough to forget about the world. I cannot praise the writers of this movie enough, from all the movies in the list, this one made me laugh the hardest.

7. It's Complicated

1172236933
This is the kind of movie that will give you hope, hope that you will find love and hope that romance will never die if it's with the right person. Absolutely hilarious, a beautifully portrayed story and a classic comedy. With Meryl Strep you can't really go wrong can you? If you've let this one slip under the radar open up netflix and have a watch.

8. Blended

v1
Another Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler combo winning over my heart. Not only does this movie tackle a more modern romance, but brings a light-hearted twist and an enviable destination, Africa!! Although it does have a younger age bracket I would still recommend taking a peak at this film.

9. Mother's Day

large_large_apkha6kdkbi8fa6wr72xhyqsif7

Once again a much newer film, this one was actually released this year (2016). In celebration of all mothers everywhere, with everything from blended families, to the re-connection between a mother who put her daughter up for adoption, this movie has it all. Teaching us all of the importance of family, specifically, our mothers.

10. Love Actually

51-cu01fp4l-_sx940_
Of course it was going to be Love Actually. The movie that made all of us believe that Christmas is filled with romance and miracles. The one that had us dreaming of our happy ending, it's a classic. I actually watch this every Christmas, helps me get into the spirit and it's November so... Why not? Those are my 10 must see movies, if you've seen any of them or have anymore to add to the list, let me know in the comments down below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe